My Blog List

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Who needs a big cerebellum any way!

If there was an award for most valuable patient our family would certainly win. Three visits to AI in one week and one more to go. To say we are frequent flyers is an understatement. However, I would not give up our doctors or this hospital.

This week was a busy week neurology visits and genetics. My brain is in medical overload , but I can honestly say this okay. Tonight I left the hospital with a reason for Hayden's balance instability and coordination. Almost five years and a multitude of test to hear the words uttered to me. Your sons cerebellum did not develop correctly. His cerebellum is small and that will not change. I mean who needs a big cerebellum any way? What I am thankful for is this is not progressive. I am thankful Hayden is going to be just fine. Hayden will always be your best friend and he will make you laugh when you have sad days. Not sure the world is ready for this little man :)

We have also been blessed with our sweet Julia. The nasty HHV6 virus that caused roseola could have impacted Julia significantly. It has not and will not, which is a huge relief. It may take a year for her to fully recover but time has always been on our side. Julia is making great progress and continues to work hard at trying to walk while getting into trouble. She is fond of standing on chairs and climbing on things she should not.

Tonight I will keep it short and sweet. I am sure I will have more news in the coming weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment