My Blog List

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Happy 5th birthday Hayden

Where has all the time gone? Can my sweet boy already be a big five year old. My heart is not ready. Five is so big and five means so many changes. It means going to big boy school, it means mommy trusting you in someone else's hands again all day, it means you are growing up. Just like the year before I have written a letter to my son. I hope one day he will look back on this and know that I loved him and that he is the center of my world.

On December 31, 2007 at 5:33 in the morning I became a mama for the very first time. I felt joyous, fearful, excitement and love that I have never experienced. The kind of love only a mother will ever know. After a roller coaster delivery you were placed in my arms and I knew from that moment my life was forever changed. We spent a week in the hospital so mommy could recover. You and daddy were there taking care of me every single day. All I could think about is coming home and spending my entire life loving you. I dreamt of all the things you would accomplish. I could not wait to just snuggle with you, whisper that I love you, and tell you that you are everything I ever dreamed of my sweet Hayden.

Little did I know that we would face some obstacles in our first five years together. I know we do not focus on your disability much and I wonder if we have made the right decision. But when I look at you I realize I was given a wonderful gift and made the right decision. That gift is a boy that lights up my world. You are funny, you make mommy and daddy laugh every day, and Julia idolizes her big brother. You are kind and so creative. I love that you want to build things like daddy and love baking with me. You open the world to possibilities and acceptance. You are what every little boy should be happy and full of life.

In five years you have given me more than you ever know. You have changed my life. You not only made me a mama for the first time, but you showed me my heart is bigger than I imagined. You helped me see beauty in differences. You helped me become a better person, to want to help and make a difference. You gave me a reason to fight for change. You have shown me that there is no greater cause than to be kind and accepting.

So, my sweet baby boy Happy fifth birthday. I need you to know mommy loves you to the moon and back. I want you to know I am very proud of you. You are amazing and will accomplish amazing things. You make a difference every day and are so strong. You are one of the bravest boys I know. Happy happy birthday Hayden!! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment