My Blog List

Monday, August 20, 2012

Julia had a good night

Julia did very well last night. She was so excited to see her daddy and Hayden. She even got a visit from her other favorite person Candice and from grandma. Luckily, she has been eating and drinking some which is a step in the right direction.

This morning we were woke up by some medical students followed by residents. Julia still is not sure about all the yellow masks, so we look for mommy for comfort. We had some pancakes for breakfast which by her smile meant they were yummy. After wards we watched some Elmo on tv. Julia hasn't really watched tv at all but Elmo was pure magic. Elmo has calmed my sweet girl down I guess there are far worse things I could be doing than allowing some tv watching. I just received a nice envelope full of sweet handmade cards. It sure made me cry. I cannot wait to show them to Julia. One was from our sweet friend Natalie who is just a few months older than Julia. She wanted to be sure Julia was not scared because she understood how this place could be scary since she spent some time here. Then her dear family my dear friend Shawn thank you for the little things and the brief smile on my face. The final card were from our other friends Matt, Shannon, Jack and Connor. They are such a support to me and I always admired their strength during challenging times. I am overwhelmed by the thoughts and prayers for my family. They are from new friends, old friends, family, co workers, business associates and the list goes on. This type of love reminds me that there certainly are a lot of good people in this world. I am reminded just how thankful we are to have so many supporters. Just the little comments, text messages and calls are getting me through another wrinkle in my life. I love you all for the kindness!!

Our new round of doctors came in. I was happy to report Julia has been sitting for a few moments and even pulled up to her knees!! We still are experiencing some ataxia but no where near what we faced earlier this week. Now we wait for more results and wait to be seen by physical therapy. Since we are frequent flyers to the outpatient physical therapy department I requested two therapist that we adore. I hope to see them this afternoon. Hopefully, we can develop a game plan for Miss Julia and hopefully tomorrow we can kick AI to the curb.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how scary! Glad to hear shes doing a little better. hoping that your stay will be short and you both will be home soon. Hang in there mamma! Sometimes its so hard that we know so much, its a blessing and a curse all rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the hear that was some positive things today! I am praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete